Friday, June 10, 2011

"Here I Go Again," Whitesnake

Every time I hear this song, I think back to an old college friend who absolutely loved it.  He had, of course, never seen the video. 



The Jaguars! The keyboards! The intense posturing!  It’s all so dramatic – but what could take it to the next level? 

Two words: Tawny Kitaen. 

Yes, Julie “Tawny” Kitaen – the woman whose splits and slips launched thousands of teenage boy fantasties back in 1987.  Nevermind that she had the same hairstyle as her then-boyfriend (and Whitesnake frontman) David Cloverdale.  It was the 80s.  No one cared.

That is, except my old college friend.  When he finally saw the video, he gasped, wondering aloud how such a “great” song could have such a “terrible” video. 

I think we’ll save the answer to that question for an early 80s video throwback.  

No comments:

Post a Comment