Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Cryin," Aerosmith


I still remember the first time I saw this video on MTV – I was convinced Alicia Silverstone was going to kill herself.  



With the previous four minutes of drama she endured, it seemed like the obvious conclusion.  I switched between MTV and other channels, trying to bring myself to see what was going to happen.  Imagine my relief when she bungee jumped, laughed at Stephen Dorff’s jerky character, and gave him the finger.

Wait, what?

“Cryin’” was the first of several over-the-top videos that Aerosmith produced for 1993’s Get A Grip.  While critics disliked the album’s power ballads, the album and its Hollywood-styled videos introduced the group to an entirely new generation. Today, Get A Grip remains the band’s most successful album…and makes “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” seem like heavy metal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment